Monday, November 7, 2011

IBM NPAT / IPATO Aptitude test experience

Hello,

As a part of my hiring process in IBM Australia, I recently took up a NPAT Aptitude test, which was hosted by www.hirethebest.com ! I got an automated email from IBM asking me to finish the test in 2 working days.

I took up the exam on Sunday, 05-November. I was allowed to use a calculator ( I messed initially as i used my mobile for calculations. I recommend you better use a scientific calculator or a normal one).

The exam had 2 sections ( although i was told that it will have 2 sections).  Below are some details on the type of questions and sections:


Section 1: Fill the number series:


Questions in this section were really hard. I have cracked GRE and GMAT Maths before but this was something hard. Although i did well with most of the questions, as Mathematics has always been a passion for me. The questions were so tough that 2.25 minutes per question seemed tiny..Some of the questions i got were:

2,-1,5,18,15,85,25,

1,1,4,16,12,25,....

Section 2: Image and Predictive Analysis


This section had series of 4 images and you had to find out the next image which will follow. Each questions had 4 options and the images were very complex. Each image had a box in which many small shapes were present. It was difficult to solve these questions.

I was not expecting these difficult questions in the NPAT Exam. However, Having cleared 2 technical discussion with IBM team , I think this should not be the method to judge my on job skills. I am not hired in IBM to make rockets !

If you need any assistance, follow me on facebook/Twitter @javagenious



5 comments:

  1. They really ask hard questions in these tests. Thank you for sharing your review.

    Regards,

    Mustafa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog ! So did you get hired at IBM eventually ? I'm in the same situation as you described above, 2 technical interviews and now this test that I have completed. I'm currently waiting for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys I am currently on the same situation, have IBM hired you?

      Delete
  3. Hi i have to give exam is it can convert language because its in spanish

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry typo mistake, Can we convert this exam in english language version

    ReplyDelete